One of the hottest and most popular features of Instagram is its stories. Instagram stories can help your audience have a brief insight into your life for 24 hours. You can even keep your audience engaged through your Instagram stories. However, once you post Instagram stories, you may be looking for some feedback. So here’s a guide that will help you to know about who views your Instagram story.
How To Check the People Who View Your Instagram Story
Most people like to share Instagram stories with their audience. However, what’s great about this process is knowing who has seen your story and is checking you out. Fortunately, there is a method that will help you to know the people who have viewed your Instagram stories after you posted them. Let’s have a look at these steps.
Step 1. After you have posted your story on Instagram, click on the story icon located at the top left corner of the screen.
Step 2. When you open your Instagram story, you will see a ‘seen by’ icon on the bottom left corner of the screen. In case you are not able to see this icon, this means no one has seen your story yet. However, if you see this icon, you can see the people who have viewed your story.
Step 3. Click on this icon located at the bottom left corner of the screen to view all the people who saw your story.
Step 4. Here you can see the list of all the accounts that have seen your story. By clicking on any particular name, you will be moved to his or her account page. You can even DM the particular person from here and solicit feedback about your story.
So, the above-mentioned steps will help you to look at the views on your story for 24 hours. However, Instagram provides you with the option to see the views on any of your stories for 48 hours. This means once the 24 hour limit for your story is over, you can still see the views on your story for the next 24 hours. Let’s have a peek at how to look at the viewers of your Instagram story after 24 hours.
Step 1. Open Instagram and click on the profile option located at the bottom right corner of the screen.
Step 2. Here, you will see the Options menu with the three-dotted icon on the top right corner of the screen. Click on it.
Step 3. Once you click on the Options menu, you will see a list of different features on the screen. Select the ‘Your Activity’ option from it.
Step 4. Now a new screen will open that relates to different options about your activity on Instagram. Once you swipe down, you will see the ‘Archived’ option below.
Step 5. As soon as you press the ‘Archived’ option, you will be taken to a new page where you can see all the stories you have posted in the past.
Step 6. Click on any story that you have posted within 48 hours. Once you click on a story, you can simply see the viewer count by clicking on the ‘Seen by’ option on the bottom left corner of the screen.
Now that you know how to see the people who view your story, you can analyze your stories and improvise them accordingly. Generally, people view the first story more than the others. This is primarily because when someone swipes right, they can see your first story. However, they can skip the next stories by simply swiping right instead of clicking on the screen.
Besides knowing about the views on your Instagram story, Instagram also provides you with the feature to get analytics related to your stories. Let’s look at how to check the story analytics on your Instagram.
Checking Instagram Story Analytics
Though analytics is not the same as the views you receive on your stories, they will help you to know about the performance of your stories. Thus, analytics is a great Instagram feature for the marketers and influencers who want to learn about how their stories are being liked by their audience. However, the Instagram Story Analytics feature is only available for business accounts.
Generally, two methods will help you to view the Instagram Story Analytics in your Instagram application. Let’s have a look at them:
The first method to view story analytics on Instagram is through your current story.
- For this, you need to tap on your current story and open the viewer list located at the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Once the viewer lists open, you can see a graph icon in the upper left corner. When you click on this icon, you can get insights into your story on the screen.
Another method to check Instagram Story Analytics is through your profile.
- Open the Instagram app and click on your profile.
- Here you will see the Insights button to view the analytics of your recent stories.
- Once you press the Insights button, a new dashboard will open on your screen. This dashboard will help you view the analytics of your stories from either the last seven days or the last 30 days.
- Choose the required time, and the data will be displayed on your screen.
- Once you scroll down the page, you will see the analytics option for either your posts or stories.
- Click on the stories option to see the analytics related to your Instagram stories.
- Even under this option, you can choose whether you want to view the stories from the last 7, 14, or 30 days. Hence, select your required time frame.
- Once done, choose the story you would like to analyze.
- When you click on your preferred story, open the viewer list from the bottom left corner of the screen. Here you will see the graph icon. Click on it to get insights into that specific story.
The insights on any story will help you to know about the interactions and the number of accounts you have reached through the story. You can get a detailed insight into the following factors with the help of this feature.
- Profile visits or replies
- The number of actions taken from the story
- The number of accounts reached
- The number of viewers who saw all your stories
- The number of viewers who dropped off in the middle of your stories
- New follows you received from a particular story
So these are the different methods that can give you a detailed insight into your Instagram story. Once you know the response from your audience towards a particular story, you can accordingly improvise and learn the preferences and requirements of your target audience. Hopefully, this guide has helped you to find out the number of people who have viewed your Instagram story!