Did you accidentally delete an important text message on your iPhone or did you delete an entire conversation with your client on your iPhone? Fret not, we got you covered with the different steps that can help you to retrieve deleted text messages on your iPhone. There are myriad ways that can help you to retrieve your text messages on your iPhone. Let’s have a look at them.
Methods to retrieve your deleted text messages on iPhone
You can retrieve your deleted text messages on your iPhone in case you back up your device with iCloud. However, if you do not have a backup, certain other methods can help you to retrieve your deleted text messages. So the different methods to retrieve your deleted text messages explained in this guide are.
- Recovering deleted text messages on iPhone using iCloud backup.
- Retrieving deleted text messages using icloud.com
- Use an iTunes or Finder backup to retrieve your deleted text messages.
- Using third party service platforms to retrieve deleted messages on iPhone.
Retrieving deleted text messages on iPhone using your iCloud backup.
If you have the habit of maintaining an iCloud backup, then it’s time to reap its benefit. Backing up your text messages to iCloud will help you to retrieve even the deleted messages. The step-by-step process of retrieving deleted text messages on iPhone using your iCloud backup is as follows.
- Open your Apple ID profile from settings. You can see the Apple ID profile at the top of your settings.
- From your profile, open iCloud and click on ’Manage storage’.
- Here you can see the backups option. You need to click on this option and select the backup that was taken before you deleted the required text message you wish to retrieve
- Since you want to recover your text message, scroll down on the screen to find your messages backup option. Before clicking on this option, make sure that it has certain data inside it.
- Now all you need to do is reset your iPhone. However, you should know that resetting your iPhone will remove all the data stored in and. That’s why it’s crucial to make sure the messages backup option you choose has the backup of your text messages and is not empty.
- Once you are confirmed about your backup, you can reset the iPhone by opening settings, clicking on general and then choosing the ‘transfer or reset’ iPhone option. Now you can see a message- ‘Erase all content. You have to click on it.
- Now it’s time for your iPhone to reboot. Once the reboot process is over, your iPhone will ask if you want to recover from a backup. Select the right backup option from here.
However, following this method to recover specific text messages is quite risky because then it will erase all your content and data. So we have another method for you to retrieve your texts by logging into icloud.com.
Retrieving deleted text messages on iPhone using icloud.com.
If you do not want to erase the content and data stored on your iPhone, then you can use icloud.com to retrieve your deleted text messages. The following steps will help you to perform this process.
- Firstly you need to open icloud.com and log in with your Apple ID and password.
- Next, select the text messages option and look out for the text messages you want to recover. However, this option will appear only if you have turned on backups for your texts.
- Now you need to turn off the messages backup from the iCloud settings. For this, you should open your Apple ID profile in the settings option. Now, the screen will be filled with a list of items that you backup on iCloud. All you need to do is turn off the message backups.
- Now you can see your message at the bottom of the screen. To download the text messages on your iPhone locally, click on the popup message prompt to download messages. This will help you to download all your existing messages.
However, one thing to keep in mind while using this method to recover your deleted texts is that this option will work only if your messages haven’t been recently updated on iCloud. In case the cloud has been recently backed up, you will not be able to get the deleted messages because they have already been replaced with newer ones.
Use an iTunes or Finder backup to recover your deleted text messages on your iPhone.
In case you have had no luck so far with your iCloud backup, you can even recover your deleted text messages from your iTunes or Finder backup. However, using this method is similar to iCloud in the sense that you will lose all your data that is newer than the backup. The step by step process of this method goes as follows.
- Link your iPhone with the computer or Mac containing your backup. Here you need to open Finder or iTunes.
- If you are opting for the iTunes backup then select iTunes and ll click on the iPhone icon on the top left-hand corner of the screen.
- However, on the other hand, if you are choosing Finder, then select Finder and choose your iPhone from the left-hand menu of the screen.
- Now select the ‘restore backup’ option.
- Now the process of replacing the data on your phone with the backed up data initiates. The process might take a few minutes.
You will get your deleted text messages back in case you haven’t backed up anything on your iTunes after deleting those text messages.
Using third party service platforms to retrieve deleted messages on iPhone.
In case none of the above-mentioned methods work out for you, you can employ the services of 3rd party platform. However, getting a third-party app to retrieve deleted messages on iPhone has its own pros and cons. The pro obviously is that you may get your messages back. However, the cons include that besides being expensive, these tools do not guarantee help solve your query. However, in case you are desperate and want the deleted messages back then you can try them out.
Some of the credible third-party apps that can help you to get your deleted messages back include Enigma recovery, Dr Fone wondershare, Tenorshare UltData, etc. When you delete messages they remain on your device until they are overwritten, so there is a possibility you may get them back using these tools. However, there is no guarantee. But in case you want to use any such tools, then it is advisable to use them as soon as possible. The longer you wait, the longer the data and content on your iPhone would be overwritten and it would become difficult to get your deleted messages back.
Hopefully, this guide has explained all the methods that can help you to retrieve your deleted text messages back. However, before practising any ways, make sure to assess the pros and cons related to it.